The following are are rituals or practices to connect us to the transcendent:
- We can participate in spiritual practices or a faith tradition.
- We may feel a sense of purpose or calling for a particular occupation or vocation. This calling can be the reason to do difficult work, to be present in parenting, or the calling can be a way to connect with a sense of divine relationship.
- We can reflect on the things that we value that point beyond ourselves – e.g. justice, beauty, love.
- We can meditate or pray.
- We can lament – as a way to express to a transcendent or divine presence about the ways that life does not “make sense.”
- We can spend time in nature.
Transcendence (Part 1): The Beauty of Transcendence and How it Informs our Spirituality
Our minds are designed to receive loving transcendent experiences. Learn more in this post and try some practices.
Transcendence (Part 2): How Transcendence Can Lead the Way to an Open Heart
Believing in Something Greater Than Ourselves is an integral part of our spiritual health.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get our 2024 February Thrive Calendar PDF.
You Got It!