Accessing the Transcendent: How might we practice something that seems so existential?
The following are are rituals or practices to connect us to the transcendent:
- We can participate in spiritual practices or a faith tradition.
- We may feel a sense of purpose or calling for a particular occupation or vocation. This calling can be the reason to do difficult work, to be present in parenting, or the calling can be a way to connect with a sense of divine relationship.
- We can reflect on the things that we value that point beyond ourselves – e.g. justice, beauty, love.
- We can meditate or pray.
- We can lament – as a way to express to a transcendent or divine presence about the ways that life does not “make sense.”
- We can spend time in nature.